This week we launch a new blog that is dedicated to taking a look at news from the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Agency (FINRA). The principal focus of this blog will be the variety of news announcements from the SEC and FINRA. We will also take a look at various news from other sources relating to these agencies.
The full list of releases from the SEC and FINRA is available to visitors of our site through the links below. The actions that we have highlighted by listing them below, are those that have caught our attention for some particular reason; one that we will generally discuss.
SEC LITIGATION NEWS (Full List):
- Court Enters Final Judgment Against Promoters and Sellers of Fraudulent Oil and Gas Investments (More)
- First Circuit Affirms Federal Criminal Conviction Against Boston-Area Defendant Accused of Insider Trading (More)
- SEC Freezes Assets of Unknown Traders in Supsected Insider Trading Ahead of Fortress Acquisition (More)
SEC ADMINISTRATIVE NEWS (Full List):
The SEC filed approximately eight (8) Administrative Actions last week. The following caught our attention.
- WEB DEBT SOLUTIONS: The SEC announced the issuance on February 21st, 2017 or an Order Temporarily Suspending Exemption Pursuant to Rule 258 of Regulation A Under the Securities Act of 1933. Webb Debt Solutions filed a Regulation A Tier 1 Offering Statement on July 11th, 2016. The SEC stated that it has reason to believe [Webb Debt] “… made material misrepresentations in the Offering Statement regarding the value of its assets, the industry experience of its CEO, and the location of its principal office.”
SEC TRADING SUSPENSIONS (Full List):
For the week of March 3rd, 2017
- Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V.
- CIRTRAN CORP. ‘CIRC’
- CONOLOG CORP. ‘CNLG’
- BLINK TECHNOLOGIES, INC. f/k/a Epunk, Inc. ‘PUNK’
- WORLD SURVEILLANCE GROUP, INC. ‘WSGI’
FINRA NEWS (Full List):
While not quite from last week, the following caught our attention:
- FINRA Bars Registered Representative for Unauthorized and Unsuitable Trading in Elderly Customer’s Retirement Account
- FINRA Orders Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments to Pay $3.4 Million in Restitution to Native American Tribe; Firm Also Fined $750,000 for Failures to Supervise
- FINRA Hearing Panel Expels Red River Securities, LLC and Bars CEO Brian Keith Hardwick for Fraud; Ordered to Pay $24.6 Million in Restitution to Investors
FINRA REGULATORY NOTICES (Full List):
Nothing that we found interesting to non-FINRA members.
About Coral Capital Partners and Erik Nelson
Erik Nelson is the President of Coral Capital Partners, an independent consulting and advisory firm focused on companies and participants in the lower and middle markets. Coral Capital Partners provides cost effective solutions to real world issues and situations. Coral Capital Partners, Inc. provides services to Investment Banks, Private Equity Funds, investors, and both privately held and publicly traded companies, as well as various stakeholders in those organizations. This has included international public companies with operations on three (3) continents to smaller privately held domestic companies. Our experience in the areas of corporate advisory, due diligence reviews, and regulatory compliance allows for a cost effective and efficient solution to the issues at hand. Please feel free to visit our web site at: www.coralcapital.com or call our offices via. telephone # (404)-816-9220 to see how we may be of assistance.